Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Current Obesssion

Yoga.

Yes. Yoga. I have been avoiding it for I think well over a year now. My friend has been recommending that I take a class with her because I am consistently telling, (more like complaining) of my back problems, tension in the shoulder, etc. She has offered me FREE classes and still I found an excuse. Until one day last week, I was extremely tired/stressed and looked up, "Yoga To the People,"( I always think of, "This is For My People," Missy Elliot), which she had told me about. It was 12:45pm and saw that there was a class at 2pm. I gathered all my things together and ran out the door, hoping to catch a class. I think I broke out in sweat, nervously calculating the travel time and anticipating what the class will entail. I'm a first timer. I made it to class with a minute to spare and a perfect spot in the back.

I must say the class is by far one of the best discoveries I've made this month. All thanks to my great buddy! I came out of the class feeling great! The tension in the shoulders faded. I was revived and rejuvenated! And slept like a baby. I have been preaching yoga the whole weekend and must say, I wish I picked up on it sooner! If you haven't picked up on it, I strongly recommend it.


[I may be giving away one of New York's best kept secrets].

No comments: