Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Too Hip To Sway?

I love the rock'n'roll lifestyle, the hipster ways, and the look and attitude they carry. I have always considered myself more "downtown' than "uptown." But after Sunday night, I was left with a huge question mark over my rocker chic persona.

Sunday night, a friend and I trot downtown to Sway. I am rocking my new silk cargo pants, which I love and ready for the night ahead. We enter and Sway is dark and crowded with Smiths|Morissey taking over the speakers. Everyone is having a great time, dancing, singing, dancing, singing and... smoking. So really, nothing is terribly wrong except for the fact that I have silk pants on.

The entire night, I only had two thoughts that occupied 90% of my mind, 1) "I swear, if someone burns a hole in my pants I will be so mad! 2) Wait, how are they smoking inside?" This kept me from dancing a few dances with some fellas and lead me to this question, "Am I too hip to sway?"

Haven't come up with an answer but I'm hoping, I'm not.

No comments: