Wednesday, July 8, 2009

IRL: In Real Life Photo Shoot

IRL: In Real Life, if you could enter a store, Hayden- Harnett and try on anything YOU wanted, accessories included, what would you pick?

You're thinking, easy! Right?! Well... continue on.

Yesterday, I was able to partake in Hayden-Harnett's summer IRL series, where you are your own stylist! Enter the cute boutique studio/store in Brooklyn and pick out pieces you would love to wear. This, I thought would be a piece of cake, since I love to coordinate outfits, however it was not. The girls were very lovely and extremely helpful, I felt a little pressured into choosing THE PERFECT OUTFIT. Helloooo! as Bruno would say, the IRL is a part of their weekly newsletter and well I obviously wanted to look good.

I think the hardest part of choosing an outfit and styling myself was that I am a bit edgier than the collection. And so I had to try and 1) go against the flow of what I would normally wear 2) try to find something close to my style. This I found to be a little challenging.

I was torn between a few outfits and unsure of how many we can do for the photo shoot, I ended up going with this dress. Very versatile, flowing, easy, breezy look and extremely hot back. I'm sucker for open back/backless dresses! I accessorized with a trench coat, cute heels that could be a little taller and a gorgeous ring! I wish I had my necklace from 102M to complement the open neckline.
I picked the dress because it was one of those pieces that you can just roll out of bed and throw on knowing it will look good.

As I walked away from the photo shoot and am here writing about my experience, I am wishing I would've gone with my gut and chose a different outfit. Like this or a cute wrap dress that is not shown on the website. But what can you do, it's over and the newsletter is probably just about to get sent out. I had a lot of fun, great experience and extremely great idea!

Thank you Hayden-Harnett! You guys should do one for the fall!

*I just sent in my interview and am waiting for them to send out the newsletter. I will keep you all posted let you know how it turns out.
It's up! Click here to check it out!

No comments: