Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Love

Spring is just around the corner and I am very excited for it's one of my favorite seasons. We had gorgeous weather this weekend, hitting just about 63 degrees each day, so it's no surprise that everyone was out and about.

I was out in Hoboken on Saturday for their St.Patty's day parade and it was unbelievable how many people were wearing flip-flops, shorts, shorts+flip flops, girls in tunics without their leggings(the ones w/the wideband at the bottom. yes they definitely overstretched it so it barely covered their bottoms.which is just wrong), a visor, tank tops w/o coats, tanks+shorts+flip flops!

I kept thinking, "Really? Really?! "where am I?" "I swear I came into Hoboken and not FL." I understand the excitement but still! Is a little warm weather (60 degrees) enough justification to wear everything that was mentioned before? If they dress like this now, what do they wear in the summer when its 100 degrees out?

What was I wearing?
I was in leggings, (my fun H&M detailed ones) w/ footless tights under b/c my leggings are bit a sheer, a white shredded DIY tee layered over a long black tank, scarf, faux leather jacket, boots. And let me tell you, I had my scarf and jacket on for most of the day.

I guess "Spring Love" can hold many different meanings. To me it's all about "sweatshirt weather," outside dining, replacing heavy coats and sweaters w/ thin jackets and many layers and gearing up for the summer.

Is this weather here to stay? I'm guessing not. March is such a teaser month. But at least we can look forward to it being still light out after 5pm and know that spring is just around the corner.

"Spring Love," Stevie B
http://www.imeem.com/people/HeYSdQl/video/BQLI0_FX/stevie-b-spring-love-music-video/

No comments: